While performing some of our new processes, we’ve identified the following opportunities for improvement:
- Don’t send more providers than necessary into the 6-foot proximity of the patient. Unless you’re working a code or pre-code, it usually only takes one provider to perform initial examinations and treatments.
- Keep interns away from the patient and out of the back of the ambulance unless you’re confident there are no concerns for COVID-19.
- It’s critical for firefighters to upload data into Elite so we can determine who was on the call.
- The AIC writing the report must download the Fire data into the PPCR.
- If a mask was applied to the patient, please document that in the narrative.
- In the provider safety section, if the patient was concerning for COVID-19, please do check the “Yes” button for “Suspected EMS Work Related Exposure, Injury, or Death”.
FINALLY, I’ve been too busy to let folks know individually, but you are doing an excellent job using PPE!
— Division Chief Kevin Lipscomb, NRP
— Regulation & Support Services
— Va Beach EMS Department
— “EMS Chief 7” (ECH07)