The initial RSI course is for experienced paramedics only who wish to be able to perform RSI in the Virginia Beach system. Among other things, this course is designed to provide experienced students, through both didactic and practical training, with knowledge of advanced airway management with special emphasis on recognition and management of a “difficult airway” along with the requisite general RSI knowledge and pharmacology.
Prospective RSI students must:
- Be an active operational member in good standing in the Virginia Beach system (regularly and consistently providing patient care during prehospital transport)
- Be TEMS-released as a paramedic for one (1) year
- Be regularly and consistently fulfilling his/her minimum duty requirements per the EMS Duty Policy
- Not have any disciplinary action in the past twelve (12) months
- Not have any issues related to patient care in the past twelve (12) months
- Have high-quality documentation skills that includes, but is not limited to, not having any issues with his/her patient care reports/documentation and not having any missing or incomplete reports for the past twelve (12) months
Prior to acceptance into the class, all interested students will undergo an approval process to determine eligibility. Interested students should contact Brigade Chief Debbie Brennaman (DBrennam@vbgov.com) to undergo the approval process. Once approved, Chief Brennaman will have you enrolled in the course.
The class size is limited to 12.
No classes are scheduled at this time