All RSI paramedics are required to successfully complete the annual RSI recertification course, usually offered during November/December.
RSI paramedics must continue to meet the following requirements:
- Be an active operational member in good standing in the Virginia Beach system (regularly and consistently providing patient care during prehospital transport)
- Be regularly and consistently fulfilling his/her minimum duty requirements per the EMS Duty Policy
- Not have any disciplinary action in the past twelve (12) months
- Not have any issues related to patient care in the past twelve (12) months
- Have high-quality documentation skills that includes, but is not limited to, not having any issues with his/her patient care reports/documentation and not having any missing or incomplete reports for the past twelve (12) months.
Questions regarding ongoing designation as a RSI paramedic should be directed to Chief Debbie Brennaman.
The class size is limited to 12.
No classes are scheduled at this time