What is CQI?
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) is an activity that looks at processes and outcomes in the hopes of ultimately improving practices and care. It is meant to drive culture changes and provide feedback on how the system is doing. The goals of CQI are to find and fix problems in a positive matter and improve the overall system performance by looking at the bigger picture and not just individual performance. While CQI is primarily driven by data and feedback, other important key elements include: accountability, data quality, leadership, input from all levels of stakeholders, teamwork, education and continuous review of progress. Once an initiative is implemented, the process is reevaluated and updated as needed — in a continuous loop.
The EMS Department uses CQI to ensure that it is meeting objectives, delivering efficient and effective patient care, meeting standards and regulations, and enhancing the safety and well-being of the public. We work closely with our hospital partners, Tidewater EMS Council (TEMS) and other agencies to accomplish our goals.
The Department’s CQI Coordinator is Brigade Chief Matthew Owens MATOwens@vbgov.com, (757-385-2831). If, at any time, you have any questions or feedback about our CQI program, please do not hesitate to contact him.
- STEMI Performance
- Medication Pertinent Negatives
- 12 lead in acute coronary syndrome
- How to transmit and download 12 leads
- Waveform Capnography
- Repeat Patient_New Features
- Electric Scooters
- CPR Induced Consciousness
- Spinal Motion Restriction
- Who does the Report & When
- Patient & Crew Member Names and Lifepak Data
- Report Content and Clinical Fields
- How to Post,Transfer, and Save in Elite
- Follow Up and Key Points
- VBEMS Elite Annual Reporting Update #1
- VBEMS Elite Annual Reporting Update #2
- COVID-19 Patient Assessments
- July 2020 Infographic
- August 2020 Infographic
- September 2020 Infographic
- October 2020 Infographic
- November 2020 Infographic
- December 2020 Infographic
- January 2021 Infographic
- February 2021 Infographic